price from 52 €
Lake Peipus Area: the Old Believers along the edge of Lake Peipus and Alatskivi Castle
Lake Peipus is the fourth largest lake in Europe and its coastline offers a variety of exploration possibilities. In the Lake Peipus Area, you can learn about the manor culture of the Baltic Germans, the culture of Russian Old Believers and the peasant culture of Estonians.
- The length of the trip:6 h
- Group size: 2-6 people (ask for an offer if coming alone; 6+ as a special order)
- Price: from 52 €/person (the exact price depends on the size of the group – contact us!)
- Transport: a free door-to-door transport from Tartu
- Food: not included in the price; stops in cafes and shops
- Language: English/Estonian
Depending on the particular interests of the group, we will visit the selection from the following exciting places:
- Alatskivi castle
- The village of Raja and other villages of the Old Believers
- Sandstones in the city of Kallaste
- Kauksi and the endless sandy beaches of Lake Peipus
After a day trip on wheels it is possible to spend an adventurous night in tree tents in Estonian nature.
NB! If you order a day-trip on wheels as an extra, you can get another one cheaper! Two consecutive car trips enable you to get to know thrilling Estonian regions more in-depth. Ask for more information!