price from 59 €
The nature of Ida-Virumaa, Soviet era industrial landscapes and the city of Narva
Ida-Viru County is an exciting and unique corner of Estonia, where one can see an architectural heritage originating from the Soviet era, abandoned mining settlements and surreal industrial landscapes surrounded, however, by the largest forest and bog massifs in Estonia. The journey runs along the western shore of the largest lake in Estonia. We will be visiting the most typical industrial towns of the last century and discussing the main challenges concerning Estonian environment. The final destination is the city of Narva, where you have the chance of visiting the ancient castle and laying your eyes on Russia, which is only a stone’s throw away.
- The length of the trip: 12 h
- Group size: 2-6 people (ask for an offer if coming alone; 6+ as a special order)
- Price: from 59 €/person (the exact price depends on the size of the group – contact us!)
- Transport: a free door-to-door transport from Tartu
- Food: not included in the price; stops in cafes and shops
- Language: english/estonian
- Extra: sauna experience (additional fee)
Depending on the particular interests of the group, we will visit the selection from the following exciting places:
- Endless sandy beaches of Lake Peipus
- Iisaku watchtower
- The city of Kohtla-Järve and ash-mountains
- The city of Sillamäe
- The city of Narva
- Estonian blue lagoon in the mining area
- The city of Narva-Jõesuu
After a day trip on wheels it is possible to spend an adventurous night in tree tents in Estonian nature.
NB! If you order a day trip on wheels as an extra, you can get another one cheaper! Two consecutive car trips enable you to get to know thrilling Estonian regions more in-depth. Ask for more information!