price from 33 €
A hike on foot in the Endla Nature Reserve
The Endla Nature Reserve is a thrilling place to explore with all its bogs, lakes and rivers! During the course of the hike, we will become acquainted with the bog and forest wildlife, and also visit the peculiar Lake Endla. A walkway will take us over the bog. There is also a watchtower along the way, from where we can enjoy the view of the surrounding bogs and forests. Warm seasons offer the opportunity of a cooling swim in bog ponds. During berry season we can nibble on berries growing in the forests or which are strewn across the peat surface of bogs.
- The length of the trip: 8-12 km/5-6 h, depending on the particular interests of the group and the desired tempo
- Sights: bog, bog lakes, forest, watchtower
- Group size: 2-6 people (ask for an offer if coming alone; 6+ as a special order)
- Price: from 25 €/person (the exact price depends on the size of the group – contact us!)
- Transport: a free door-to-door transport from Tartu
- Location: 70 km/60 min
- Food:not included in the price
- Language: English/Estonian
NB! All our hikes and trips are for small groups, which means that: a) with the help of a personal approach we might really learn something new; b) there is a greater chance of noticing someone in the wilderness; and c) we will not be leaving a noticeable trace behind.
Extra: it is possible to combine this hike with other sights in the area, such as Voorema and Elistvere Animal Park, and turn this into a day-trip on wheels. Ask for more information, if interested!
- There is an old saying in Estonia: “There is no bad weather, just inadequate clothing.” The choice of right clothing is one of the prerequisites of a pleasant hiking experience.
- When it comes to hiking clothes in Estonia, the key word is definitely layers! You can remove and add layers as the journey progresses and should the weather change. It is recommended to bring a raincoat or a jacket even in the summer to protect yourself from unexpected bouts of rain. The most suitable shoes are closed, waterproof shoes that you can walk in on a wet bog surface.
- In the summer, we recommend that you bring swimwear and a towel, as we may come across scenic forest lakes or bog ponds that just might encourage a quick dip. You should also bring some food and water to drink. We will also be offering you some local snacks and hot herbal tea.