price from 33 €
Meditation the Estonian way – picking berries, mushrooms and herbs in the woods
Do you want to experience and try the most popular national sport in Estonia – gathering? Then come join us into the woods or bogs to pick berries, mushrooms or the healthiest herbs! Blueberries, loganberries, cowberries, cranberries, wild strawberries and raspberries, different kinds of edible mushrooms and a countless number of herbs – this is what Estonian nature has to offer. We will take you to the best places for berry-picking and mushrooming. We will be gathering enough to appease our own appetites and also enough to take back home with you as souvenirs! What would be a better souvenir than fresh organic forest bounties from clean Estonian nature? We will turn into gatherers for a few hours up to a whole day, depending on the wishes of the client!
- The length of the trip: depending on the particular interests of the group
- Sights: berries, mushrooms, herbs
- Group size: 2-6 people (ask for an offer if coming alone; 6+ as a special order)
- Price: from 27 €/person (the exact price depends on the size of the group – contact us!)
- Transport: a free door-to-door transport from Tartu
- Location: depending on the particular interests of the group
- Food: not included in the price
- Language: English/Estonian
- All our hikes and trips are for small groups, which means that: a) with the help of a personal approach we might really learn something new; b) there is a greater chance of noticing someone in the wilderness; and c) we will not be leaving a noticeable trace behind.
- This offer is only available from mid-June until the end of September.
- If you wish, we can also go gathering during bog shoe hikes and hikes on foot and make stops during car journeys.
- There is an old saying in Estonia: “There is no bad weather, just inadequate clothing.” The choice of right clothing is one of the prerequisites of a pleasant hiking experience.
- When it comes to hiking clothes in Estonia, the key word is definitely layers! You can remove and add layers as the journey progresses and should the weather change. It is recommended to bring a raincoat or a jacket even in the summer to protect yourself from unexpected bouts of rain. The most suitable shoes are closed, waterproof shoes that you can walk in on a wet bog surface.
- In the summer, we recommend that you bring swimwear and a towel, as we may come across scenic forest lakes or bog ponds that just might encourage a quick dip. You should also bring some food and water to drink. We will also be offering you some local snacks and hot herbal tea.